- hereO Family
If you’re looking to get the most out of your Fitbit, you’ll want to connect it to your iPhone. Doing so will allow you to track your fitness data, set goals, and more. This article will show you how to connect Fitbit to iPhone.
How to download the Fitbit App for iPhone and iPad
1. On your iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store.
2. Select the Search option from the drop-down menu. It’s the magnifying glass with the word “Search” at the bottom of your screen.
3. Toggle the Search bar on and off.
4. Fitbit is a type of fitness tracker.
5. Select the Search option. The bottom right corner of your screen has a blue button.
6. Get or redownload the file by tapping the Get or redownload button. The redownload button is shaped like a cloud with a downward arrow.
7. Use Touch ID, Face ID, or your password to authorize the download.
The App will be installed on your Home screen, allowing you to access it at any time.
How to sign up for Fitbit in the Fitbit App for iPhone and iPad
Before you put on your wristband, the first thing you should do is sign up for Fitbit.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open Fitbit.
2. Join Fitbit by tapping the button.
3. Scroll through the list and select your watch.
4. Select Set Up from the drop-down menu.
5. Fill up your account information.
6. To sign up for Fitbit’s advertising and news emails, check the boxes to agree to the terms of service (which are required) (optional).
7. Next should be tapped.
8. Press the Let’s Go button.
9. Enter your birthday using the sliders.
10. Next should be tapped.
11. To enter your height, swipe up and down on the ruler.
12. Next should be tapped.
13. Choose from the two-gender possibilities.
14. Next should be tapped.
15. To enter your weight, swipe left or right on the slider.
16. Create an account by tapping the Create account button.
17. On the terms and conditions page, scroll down to the bottom.
18. I Agree it is tapped.
You’ve created an account and are nearly ready to use your Fitbit. All you have to do now is pair your wristband with your phone.
How to pair your Fitbit to your iPhone or iPad
1. In the upper-right area of the app, tap the account button.
2. Select Set Up a Device from the drop-down menu.
3. From the list of available Fitbits, choose the one you want to pair.
4. Connect your smartwatch to the charger.
5. Next should be tapped. Your device will now be searched for in the app.
6. If the best Fitbit smartwatch doesn’t have a screen, tap it to enter the code that appears on the screen.
7. As you progress through the setup screens, keep tapping Next. To understand more about your device, read the information on each screen.
8. You’ve Successfully logged in and can now begin tracking your activities! Get out there and get some exercise!
Fitbit won’t pair? How to troubleshoot if your Fitbit won’t pair with your phone or tablet
Your new Fitbit gadget may not link successfully with your smartphone or tablet for various reasons.
Let’s look at several techniques to pinpoint the problem(s) and sort out the kinks:
1. When pairing, make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices in the vicinity. Turn Bluetooth off momentarily or shut off the gadget if you can’t relocate them. Then go over the steps once more.
2. Suppose you’re having trouble connecting multiple devices to the Fitbit app (using the same Fitbit account credentials). In that case, it’s likely because you’re using a watch that doesn’t enable you to do so. Remove a device from your account or create a new one.
3. Check the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for any app upgrades. If a new version of the app is available, install it before pairing your Fitbit.
4. Before attempting to pair, make sure your Fitbit is connected to its charger.
5. Make sure your phone or tablet’s software is up to date. To check if an update for your phone or tablet is available, go to:
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update on iPhones and iPads.
- Tap Settings > About phone or device> Android Version on Android phones and tablets.
6. Make sure your phone or tablet’s Bluetooth is turned on. If this is the case, turn it off, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on.
- Tap Settings > Bluetooth on iPhones and iPads.
- Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth on an Android phone.
7. Log out and then back into your Fitbit app.
- Tap your account icon or photo at the top of the app’s today display.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Log Out.
- Tap Log in and input your Fitbit account’s username and password on the login screen.
Problem Pairing Fitbit With Android Phones And Tablets?
The Fitbit app supports your smartwatch. Make sure the following details about your phone or tablet are correct:
1. Go to Fitbit’s supported devices list for the most up-to-date list.
2. Deactivate any Battery Saver or Power Saving Mode, as these frequently disable Bluetooth. This may be found under Settings > Battery.
3. Allow the Fitbit app to access your location by turning on-location services.
- Clear the cache in the app. Clear the cache in Settings > Apps > Fitbit > Storage & cache.
4. Both Bluetooth and Fitbit apps should have battery optimization turned off.
- Go to Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special app access in Settings > Apps & Notifications.
- Select Battery Optimization from the menu.
- From the drop-down option at the top, select All apps.
- Please scroll down to Fitbit and tap it.
- Choose Don’t try to optimize.
- Repeat the process for Bluetooth. If you don’t see it, make sure you have all apps selected in the top drop-down menu.
Double-checking that all of the above steps have been completed should allow you to successfully pair your Fitbit gadget with your phone or tablet, but what if it still doesn’t work? But hold on, there’s more:
Additional troubleshooting techniques
1. Please turn your phone’s Bluetooth off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on. After that, try setting up your device once more.
2. Switch your Fitbit gadget on and off. Try setting it up again after restarting the Fitbit.
3. Your phone should be restarted. Then try again to set up your smartwatch.
4. By sliding up from the bottom of your phone’s screen and pausing when you see the Fitbit app, you can force it to close. To close the app, swipe it off the top of your screen. Then reopen it and try again to set up your smartwatch.
5. Remove all additional devices from your account by following these steps:
- Within the app, click on your profile photo > select the device you wish to remove > “Remove This Device” is located at the bottom of the page.
6. Remove all of your Fitbit devices from your phone or tablet’s list of connected Bluetooth devices:
- For iPhones and iPads, go to Settings > Bluetooth > I icon next to the device name > I icon next to the device name > I icon next to the device name > I icon next to the device name > Set This Device Aside.
- Tap Settings > Connected Devices > Settings icon (tool) next to the device name > Forget on Android phones.
7. Open the Fitbit app and attempt setting up your watch again after you’ve completed the instructions.
- On your phone, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. After that, try setting up your device once more.
- Press and hold the app icon > select Remove App for iPhone and iPad users.
- For Android phones, follow these steps: Uninstall the app by going to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app. People who have earlier Android or iOS versions on their phones or tablets should know this. Check that your phone runs a supported operating system before uninstalling the app. You won’t be able to reinstall the app if your phone is running an older version. See Fitbit-compatible devices for OS requirements.
8. Finally, if all else fails, you can contact Fitbit Customer Support, who will work with you to troubleshoot further and examine the problem.
On the Fitbit app, where is the sync button?
- Tap your profile image in the app’s Today tab.
- Next to Sync Now, tap the arrows.
What’s the best way to make my Fitbit discoverable?
Tap “Connections,” then “Bluetooth,” in the Settings app. Find your watch in the list and tap it to connect it if it isn’t already connected. If it doesn’t work, hit the gear symbol, select “Unpair,” and then follow the steps to reconnect your watch to your phone.
What is the best way to tell if my Fitbit is in pairing mode?
In the Fitbit app, tap the Account sign in the top right corner of the screen, then “Set up a new device.” If you follow the onscreen instructions, you can keep using your tracker; tap Pair when a pop-up window asks you to couple your tracker with your device.
By downloading the free Fitbit Connect app, you can connect your Fitbit to your iPhone and receive updates on your activities and health goals.
HereOfamily hopes you find the content in this article helpful. We know that connecting your Fitbit is easy once you understand the basics.