Are you tired of having too many apps on your Apple Watch? If you want to get rid of some of them, here’s a quick guide on how to delete apps on Apple Watch.
- 1 Apple Watch Third-Party Apps: What They Are And How They Work
- 2 How To Download Apps On Apple Watch
- 3 Check Storage Space
- 4 How To Delete Apple Watch Apps
- 5 Can You Delete Pre-installed Apple Watch Apps?
- 6 What If I Change My Mind And Want To Reinstall An Apple Watch App?
- 7 How To delete Apple Watch Backup?
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
Apple Watch Third-Party Apps: What They Are And How They Work
App developers are constantly releasing Apple Watch apps. These are often updated iPhone apps with an Apple Watch app. These apps can quickly access the information you require on a smaller screen. Some display quick news headlines, while others function as remotes for streaming music and your Apple TV.
Others are second screens for your iPhone applications. These tiny widgets allow you to use your iPhone’s features by accessing them through little devices.
How To Download Apps On Apple Watch
It is straightforward to download apps for your Apple Watch, but there are a few ways you can do this.
Here are the steps to install apps from the App Store onto your smartwatch
1. To bring up the home screen, press the digital crown on the Apple Watch.
2. Tap App Store.
3. Tap Search to search for the apps.
4. Tap on an app to find out more (like in the App Store for Mac or iPhone).
5. After finding the app you like, click Get.
6. Double-clicking the digital crown will prompt your Apple Watch to download and install it.
Apple Watch apps can be downloaded via your iPhone. Here’s how:
1. Open the Watch app for your iPhone.
2. Tap the My Watch tab.
3. Apps can be added under the section Apps Available. After you have found the one you like, click on it.
4. Click on “Install”.
Check Storage Space
The Watch app on your smartphone will allow you to check the storage space available on your watch. In the app, go to My Watch > General > About. The app will show you the number of songs, photos and other applications installed on your device if you wait a while. It will also display the available space and the total capacity.
Go to Settings > General > Usage to check your Apple Watch’s capacity. The Storage section shows the available space as well as the used space. Scroll down to see the area taken up by each app and which type of content (Music, Podcasts, Photos).
Once you have a clear picture of what content is taking up space, you can delete it. Let’s first look at how to delete apps from the Watch app. Open the app, and swipe down on the My Watch screen to reach the Installed On Apple Watch section.
How To Delete Apple Watch Apps
There are two ways you can download an Apple Watch app. There are also two ways to get rid of a app.
You Can Delete An App From Your Apple Watch
1. To bring up your home screen, press the digital crown of your Apple Watch. Note whether you view your apps in list or grid view once your home screen appears.
2. Grid View: If you see grid view apps, locate the one you wish to delete and touch it until the icons move. To delete an app, tap the X button.
3. List View: Swipe left to delete the app you don’t want.
4. To confirm, press the digital crown.
A quick tip: If one of the Apple apps that came pre-installed on an iPhone is deleted, such as Music or Apple Store, it will be immediately removed from your Apple Watch. It’s possible to reinstall the app by downloading it from the App Store.
You Can Delete An App From Your iPhone
1. Open the Watch app for your iPhone.
2. Tap the My Watch tab.
3. Select the app that you wish to delete from the section Installed on Apple Watch
4. Tap on the app that you wish to delete.
5. Show app on Apple Watch must be turned off
Can You Delete Pre-installed Apple Watch Apps?
You’ve probably noticed some built-in apps on both your iPhone and watch. These include Music, Voice Memos, Contacts, and Voice Memos. If you don’t want them, you don’t have to keep them. These native apps can be deleted from your iPhone or watch.
1. To get rid of an app, touch it and hold it until you feel it move.
2. To delete, tap the X button.
3. To complete the deletion, press the home button (or digital crown if it’s on your watch).
What If I Change My Mind And Want To Reinstall An Apple Watch App?
You didn’t intend to delete this app. It’s okay. Here’s how you can get it back.
1. Go to the App store on your device.
2. Search the app.
3. After you have found the app, you will see a cloud icon next to it with a little bit of an arrow. Tap the cloud.
4. You can restore the app by going to your iPhone’s home screen or Watch screen.
How To delete Apple Watch Backup?
Sometimes, deleting apps is not enough. A clean wipe is necessary. Many users wish to delete Apple Watch Backup. You might do this to free up space on your device or make a fresh start with your new watch.
The backup of the Apple Watch is saved on iPhone. It must be deleted from iPhone. How to delete Apple Watch Backup from iPhone
- The first step is to open the Settings app on your iPhone and choose the General Option.
- The General Option will allow the user to search for and select the iPhone Storage Option. In this tab, they can view all information regarding the storage used by each application in the list view.
- Please scroll down to the Watch Application section and click on it.
- Once they have selected the option, they will be able to view all Apple Watch backups. They can either delete them by clicking right on them or delete them all by clicking the Remove All Back Ups button at the bottom of the page.
Why can’t my Apple Watch allow me to delete apps?
Tap Privacy Restrictions & Content. Tap iTunes & App Store purchases. You will be asked to enter Screen Time passwords. To change the setting of Deleting Apps to “Don’t Allow”, tap this button.
Why is Apple Watch storage full?
Update and restart your iOS or watchOS devices if your watch says storage is whole. To force the system’s reindexing of your media files and apps, you can also delete specific media files. Reminders App data can be deleted. Sign out of iCloud to restart your Apple watch. If the problem persists, you can unpair your Apple Watch.
Can I delete pre-installed apps on Apple Watch?
Open the Watch app for your iPhone and tap on the My Watch tab. Scroll down to the Installed section of the device and locate the app you wish to delete. Click on the app and then turn off Show Apple Watch Apps.
After reading all of these, you may want to get rid of some of your apps. However, you need to ensure that your watch is not connected to the internet and that all other sensors are enabled. Before deleting an app, you need to ensure that the app has not been downloaded or synced.
HereOfamily hopes that this tutorial helps you with how to delete apps on your Apple Watch.