The Galaxy Watch 3 vs Fitbit Versa 3 are two of the most popular smartwatches. Both devices offer a variety of features and are suitable for a variety of different users.
So, which one is the better device? This article compares the two smartwatches to see which one comes out on top.
The Galaxy Watch 3 is a more appealing smartwatch than the Versa 3.
In terms of design, the Galaxy Watch 3 outperforms the Versa 3. I’m not sure what you consider a decent design. Still, based on the materials used in both smartwatches, the Galaxy Watch 3 has a stainless steel casing with a leather strap, while the Versa 3 has an aluminum case with a silicone strap.
It’s also worth noting that the Galaxy Watch 3 comes in two sizes: 41mm and 45mm, instead of the Veras 3, which only comes in one model and size. The Versa 3 is lighter and more compact than the Galaxy Watch 3. To put it another way, it’s more pleasurable to wear.
Both smartwatches use AMOLED displays, which are incredibly vibrant and accessible to read both inside and outdoors. I had no trouble reading the difficulties on either of these two screens.
Both smartwatches make navigation simple. While the Galaxy Watch 3 has two physical buttons, the Versa 3 has one that is haptic. Both smartwatches have touchscreen capabilities. Compared to the Versa 3, I found the Galaxy Watch 3 much easier to use.
When it comes to watching faces, both the Galaxy Wearable app for the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Fitbit app for the Versa 3 provide many alternatives. However, the watch faces on the Galaxy store appeared to be more realistic than those on the Fitbit app.
CALLS MADE AND RECEIVED DIRECTLY FROM THE WATCH – Smartwatches allow you to make and receive calls directly from your wrist.
A microphone and loudspeaker are included in both smartwatches. As a result, you can make and receive calls using either of these two smartwatches. In terms of making and receiving calls, the Galaxy Watch 3 is an ideal smartwatch of the two.
It allows you to sync your phone contacts to the watch, making it simple to dial a phone number. Meanwhile, you can receive calls on the Versa 3, but you won’t be able to make a call from the watch. You can, however, use Google Assistant to make a call from Vesa 3.
The Versa 3 is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa, which are superior to Bixby on the Galaxy Watch 3.
One function that is widely available on high-end smartwatches is voice assistant. It makes simple actions like starting a fitness routine or setting an alarm clock a breeze. In this sense, the Versa 3 includes both Google Assistant and Alexa, giving you plenty of ways to use your voice.
Google Assistant is more advanced than Alexa in that it allows you to make a phone call or even monitor diabetes symptoms, something I couldn’t do with Alexa.
On the other hand, Bixby performed admirably when performing simple tasks such as setting an alarm clock, but it fell short of Google Assistant and Alexa.
Music Storage & Storage Capacity
Music storage: The Galaxy Watch 3 has an 8GB storage capacity, allowing you to store your music, which isn’t feasible with the Versa 3, which only has 4GB.
The storage capacity of the Galaxy Watch 3 is 8GB, which is higher than that of the Versa 3, which is only 4GB. The Galaxy Watch 3 allows you to quickly upload your music, whereas the Versa 3 does not. Versa 3 lets you control your Spotify playlists on your phone, enabling you to download your Deezer playlists and Pandora stations.
It’s a shame that the Versa 2 allows you to add your music, but you won’t be able to do so with the Versa 3 for the time being.
Fitness/Activity Tracking Comparison
What comes to mind when you think of a smartwatch is activity tracking, which is at the heart of both the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Versa 3. Heart rate tracking, sleep tracking, step counting, floor climbing, and other activity-tracking features are available on both smartwatches, which can help you stay active. The Galaxy Watch 3 is, on the other hand, a more comprehensive fitness wristwatch than the Versa 3.
Step Tracking Accuray – The Galaxy Watch 3 was more consistent than the Versa 3.
When I compared the accuracy of the Versa 3 steps tracking to the Galaxy Watch 3 and Huawei Band 4 Pro, I found that the Galaxy Watch 3 was more constant in calculating my steps than the Versa 3.
Accurate heart rate tracking – Both smartwatches tracked my heart rate consistently
Both smartwatches will measure your sleep in four stages: deep sleep, REM sleep, awake sleep, and light sleep. I slept with the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Versa 3 for multiple nights, and I discovered that the Band 4 Pro and Galaxy Watch 3 had similar figures. However, the Versa 3 drifted far away.
I also compared these two to the Mi Band 5 and found that the Mi Band 5 and Galaxy Watch 3 were comparable to the Versa 3, which again strayed far away.
As a result, I concluded that the Galaxy Watch 3 was a more reliable sleep tracker than the Versa 3.
In terms of heart rate tracking, both the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Versa 3 have a sensor on the back that can measure your heart rate. I evaluated both smartwatches’ heart rate tracking accuracy and found that they both tracked my heart rate consistently.
Want to know more details, see this guide: How Often Does Fitbit Track Heart Rate
Inbuilt GPS accuracy: Both smartwatches tracked my outside activities accurately.
The built-in GPS in the Versa 3 is a feature I enjoy because it allows you to track your outdoor activity without bringing your phone with you. So I compared these two to the Band 4 Pro, which has a built-in GPS. According to the results I received, both the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Versa 3 were accurate in measuring my pace, routes, distance, and maximum and minimum heart rates.
Blood oxygen tracking: Unlike the Versa 3, the Galaxy Watch 3 monitors your heart rate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Unlike the Versa 3, which only monitors your blood oxygen when you put it to sleep, the Galaxy Watch 3 has a blood oxygen meter to examine how well your blood utilizes oxygen quickly. Fitbit’s trademark watch face, which can be installed from the Fitbit app, will show your blood oxygen on the Versa 3, much like it does on the Fitbit Sense.
ECG TRACKING: The Galaxy Watch 3 has ECG tracking, which isn’t available on the Versa 3.
ECG tracking is a function of the Galaxy Watch 3 that allows you to measure ECG directly from the watch. This is an important aspect that can assist you in detecting an abnormal cardiac rhythm. (Always consult your doctor before undertaking any medical procedure.) Smartwatches are only for entertainment.)
Blood pressure tracking: The Galaxy Watch 3 has blood pressure monitoring, which isn’t available on the Versa 3.
The blood pressure feature is also available on Galaxy Watch 3. This allows you to take your blood pressure readings right from your wristwatch. But first, use the Samsung Health Monitor app to calibrate the watch with a standard cuff. (Always consult your doctor before undertaking any medical procedure.) Smartwatches are only for entertainment.)
Onscreen animated workout modes: The Versa 3 has animated workout modes that aren’t available on the Galaxy Watch 3. The Fitbit Versa 3 has onscreen animated workout modes that can help you with some of your favorite workout moves. The Galaxy Watch 3 does not have this feature.
Preset Sport Modes – The Galaxy Watch 3 has 90 pre-programmed sports modes against 20 on the Versa 3.
There are 90 fitness modes on the Galaxy Watch 3, compared to only 20 on the Versa 3. This implies that the Galaxy Watch 3 has more training options than the Versa 3.
SMS, Calls, and App Notifications Management
Most smartwatches have an essential feature to manage notifications you receive on your phone through your wrist. Both the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Versa 3 will enable you to control notifications received on your phone in this regard quickly.
You may respond to notifications with predefined short replies, your voice, or emojis on Versa 3. The Galaxy Watch 3, on the other hand, allows you to respond to notifications using your voice, emoticons, preset short replies, or typing directly.
The Galaxy Watch 3 instantly opens a chat window when you receive a message, which I appreciate. In contrast to Versa 3, which only supports a maximum of 5 preset responses, also allows you to add as many rapid responses as you want.
I fully charged both smartwatches, adjusted the brightness to maximum, and switched off the always-on feature. The Versa 3 lasted four (4) days or more than the Galaxy Watch 3, which lasted only two (2) days. As a result, the Versa 3 lasts longer than the Galaxy Watch 3.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) Features
- A 1.4-inch always-on AMOLED display with touchscreen capabilities, two physical buttons, and a physical rotating bezel are all included.
- 5 a.m. (50 meters) After being submerged in water, the loudspeaker will spew water.
- On Galaxy Store, you can choose from over 50000 custom watch faces created by third-party and native watch face designers.
- Rugged smartwatch with MIL-STD-810G shock resistance rating from the US military.
- You can keep your favorite music with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage. Connect a headphone for the most incredible music experience.
- A microphone and a loudspeaker are included.
- Use your voice to control smart devices and conduct simple tasks with the Bixby speech assistant.
- Samsung Pay allows you to make contactless payments on the fly.
- The phone contact app also syncs all of your phone’s contacts for you to keep track of. This can be useful if you forget your phone yet still need access to your contacts.
- It keeps you linked to everything important to you, including email, SMS, reminders, weather forecast, phone unlocking, music playback on the phone, remote camera control, and notifications from third-party apps.
- Shows a picture in a chat and chat history and the ability to respond to notifications with emoji, text, or voice. You can also use pre-programmed rapid responses to respond to notifications.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) Fitness Tracking Features
- Tracks your steps, calories, distance, and several floors climbed in real-time.
- Tracks all stages of sleep, including light, deep, waking, and REM.
- Continuously monitors your heart rate and displays your average, maximum, and resting heart rates.
- It allows you to track your stress levels and assists you with stress management through guided breathing sessions.
- ECG monitoring can help you discover atrial fibrillation by monitoring abnormal heart rhythms. In the United States, the FDA has given its approval. In Europe and other parts of the world, it’s also available.
- Blood pressure monitoring allows you to take your blood pressure readings directly from the watch. You must calibrate the Galaxy Watch 3 with a standard cuff to get the best results. To do so, you’ll need to download the Samsung Health Monitor app.
- There are over 90 pre-programmed workout programs to choose from, with the ability to auto-detect and monitor seven.
- It has Spo2 measuring, which allows you to monitor your blood oxygen levels straight from your wristwatch.
- When the Galaxy Watch 3 detects a fall, it will automatically notify pre-programmed emergency contacts.
- It keeps track of your fitness level and displays your VO2 Max.
- Features 120 workout home videos and the ability to cast workout films to your TV during training and display your tracked metrics on the TV.
- A hand washing app will remind you to wash your hands for 20 seconds regularly.
- The design is premium, attractive, and light.
- A fitness smartwatch with a lot of features.
- Onboard music storage is 8GB.
- Built-in microphone and loudspeaker.
- MIL-STD-810G certified tough and durable equipment.
- The physical rotating bezel has been slimmed down and smoothed out for easier navigation.
- A smartwatch that is quite useful.
- Battery life is 2 days.
- The cost is extremely high.
Fitbit Versa 3 Features
- 1.58-inch AMOLED full-color touchscreen display with a haptic button for simple navigation.
- The case is constructed of aluminum, while the straps are silicone and interchangeable. The Versa 3 comes in four colors: black, blue, pink, and thistle.
- The face of the watch can be changed. On the Fitbit App, you may choose from various watch faces.
- A stopwatch and a timer are included.
- Battery life of up to 6 days or more.
- Over 300 of your favorite songs can be saved. Spotify can be used to stream music, or you can download your Deezer playlist and Pandora stations. For the time being, you can save your music on Versa 3.
- You can respond to notifications with pre-programmed responses. (Only for Android.) You can also use your voice and emoticons to respond. (Not all apps are supported)
- It keeps you linked to everything that matters to you, ensuring that you never miss critical notifications.
- It has NFC, which is compatible with Fitbit Pay. This contactless payment mechanism allows you to pay with your Versa 3 immediately.
- It has a water resistance rating of 5ATM and is also swim-proof.
- It has a microphone for using Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. NEW.
- NEW: A loudspeaker has been added to allow you to make and receive calls and receive Alexa and Google Assistant responses.
- With a single tap on Versa 3, you can get to your favorite apps for fitness, sports, news, travel, transit, and more. There are many Apps available in the Fitbit App store that can be accessed from the Fitbit App.
- During the day, you can use the “do not disturb mode” to silence incoming calls, texts, and smartphone notifications.
- Features “Sleep mode,” which automatically mutes smartphone notifications at night and prevents your screen from turning on, allowing you to get a good night’s sleep.
Fitbit Versa 3 Fitness Tracking Features
- It will count your steps, distance, floors climbed, and calories all day long.
- It keeps track of your sleep in four stages, allowing you to know how much time you spend walking, light, deep, and REM sleep. To better understand your sleep quality each night, you’ll obtain a daily Sleep Score in the Fitbit app and on your wrist.
- By buzzing your wrist when you approach your personalized goal heart rate zone, Active Zone Minutes helps you make every minute count during exercises. This feature incentivizes you to spend time doing a solid or moderate activity that raises your heart rate.
- With 2 and 5-minute guided breathing sessions tailored to your heart rate, this app can help you relax.
- NEW: Inbuilt GPS has been included to make it easier to track outside activities. The Versa 3 will keep track of your routes, places, pace, and more when you work out outside.
- The Fitbit App includes menstrual cycle monitoring, which allows you to log periods, track symptoms, track ovulation, and identify trends in your cycle.
- With a personalized in-app Cardio Fitness Score, it tracks your VO2 Max to help you better understand your fitness level and learn how you can improve over time.
- Both Android and iOS devices are supported. Check the list of devices that are supported.
- SmartTrack allows you to auto-track up to 6 activities, including running, walking, etc.
- SpO2 blood oxygen measurement allows you to see the level of oxygen in your blood, which can help you figure out whether there are signs of significant changes in your fitness and wellness. With a SpO2 clock face on your wrist and Fitbit Today, you can monitor your SpO2 nightly average and range.
- Onscreen animated fitness modes with a selection of workout routines can guide you through some of your favorite workout modes.
- There are up to 20 sports modes preloaded.
- The design is slim, light, and attractive.
- Battery life is six days.
- Waterproof and long-lasting.
- Onboard music storage is available.
- A microphone and a loudspeaker are included.
- The cost is low.
- GPS built-in.
- ECG monitoring.
- Monitoring of stress and temperature.
- Apps cannot be installed directly from the watch.
- On the watch, you can only save up to 5 watch faces.
Is the Fitbit Versa 3 available in different colors?
The Fitbit Versa 3 is only available in one model, but it comes in various colors. You also get two bands — small and large — to fit most wrist sizes right out of the box.
Is the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 smartwatch worth it at its current price?
One of the best smartwatches available is the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. It’s a good buy, especially for Android users who want a wearable to compete with Apple’s iPhone and Apple Watch integration.
What are the several Samsung Galaxy design options available to me?
Stainless steel and titanium are both available for the Samsung Galaxy Watch. Stainless steel versions are available in 41mm and 45mm sizes and are Bluetooth or LTE compatible. Meanwhile, the titanium Galaxy Watch 3 is only available in Bluetooth and only at a 45mm height.
Is the charger for the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 wireless?
A wireless charger is included with the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and the Fitbit Versa 3 are designed for people looking for a smartwatch for their day-to-day tasks.
Each device provides an excellent experience for a wide range of users. The Galaxy Watch 3 provides a better battery life, more features, and more activity tracking options than the Fitbit Versa 3. The Fitbit Versa 3 provides a better build quality and includes a charging case, more apps, and more comprehensive customization options than the Galaxy Watch 3.
HereOfamily hopes you enjoyed the article, and thanks for reading!